A quick and easy indulgent fare. Be it festive occasions or one of those breezy afternoons, aloo-puri is an all-time favourite food.
- 500 gm potatoes-boiled and peeled
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)-roasted and coarsely pounded
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds-roasted and coarsely pounded
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp mango powder
- 2 Tbsp clarified butter
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- 1.Break the potatoes by holding each in your palm and closing your fist.
- 2.Set aside these unevenly broken potatoes.
- 3.Heat the clarified butter, add the asafoetida, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds and the potatoes soon after.
- 4.Saute the potatoes well, making sure they all get coated with the clarified butter.
- 5.Add the coriander powder, turmeric, chilli powder and salt and mix well.
- 6.Add enough water to cover the potatoes, add the mango powder and bring to a boil.
- 7.Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Serve hot, garnished with chopped coriander leaves.